Who We Are
1) Being a committed and invested dad is everything.
These sobering statistics will really make you think:
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average
- 85% of all children who show behavioural disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average.
These numbers scream one message: Dad's matter. The father carries a key role in the family and in the development of their children. My dream is to grow this brand so that dads all around the world see our apparel with inspiring messages like "Loving not Leaving" or "Presence > Presents", so that the seed of great fatherhood will be planted in the minds of any dad or future dad who sees it. One sweater at a time, we will be changing these statistics.
2) Men (too often) struggle in silence.
Did you know that 75% of suicides in the U.S. are men? This statistic tells us a story, and that story is that men are suffering. More importantly, they are suffering in silence. We are seeing historic highs in depression, anxiety, and loneliness in men and I believe so strongly that we must do our part to help raise awareness about this global issue. This is why I'm committing to donate 10% of our the profits of Dad Nation Apparel to HeadsUpGuys - an organization that's dedicated to helping men with their mental health. Check out their website here: www.headsupguys.org
3) We need to be inspired and encouraged.
All you have to to do is open up Facebook or CNN (or any form of media) and you will quickly realize that we are inundated with negative news daily. There's no better time to infuse our culture with an inspiring and encouraging message that says: You are needed in your family. You are valued.
Dads, when you get better, everyone in the family wins.
Allow me to say this again - I'm so glad you've found us. Whether you buy apparel from Dad Nation or not, my hope is that as you browse, you are inspired and encouraged to be the best you can be for those around you. Thanks for popping by, and if you like what you see, please consider hitting us up on Instagram or Facebook and leaving us a review!
Always for you,